Summit Coach Training, with Pinnacle Leadership Associates
Pinnacle Leadership Associates is launching Summit Coach Training to equip coaches who will guide others as they grow into the persons that God has called them to be. All classes will be offered in an online format and taught by credentialed coach practitioners.
Students completing the four required courses successfully will receive our in-house certification--Summit Certified Life Coach (SCLC). Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available to those who request them. Hours can be applied toward a professional coach credential. Pinnacle is applying for all courses to be ICF Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) but all hours taken will qualify for the ICF Portfolio track for ACC certification.
Basic Commitments of Summit Coach Training
- Recognizing that every person is a unique creation of God, and we will encourage each student to live into their special calling with passion and intentionality.
- We adhere to and practice the International Coaching Federation Code of Ethics.
- We will use the ICF Core Competencies (updated October 2019) and the ICF Definition of Coaching as the basis of our teaching and training.
- We will adhere to the ICF Program Accreditation Code of Conduct.
- We will practice a coaching mindset in our teaching and training and seek to instill that perspective in our students.
- Although we will accept all qualified students, we are specifically interested in equipping leaders in churches, judicatories, and faith-based organizations to use coaching skills in their present and future settings.
- We will assist students to apply a coaching mindset in their present place of service.
* The International Coaching Federation (ICF) is the leading global organization dedicated to advancing the coaching profession by setting high standards, providing independent certification and building a worldwide network of trained coaching professionals.
For more information on Summit Coach Training from Pinnacle, contact Ircel Harrison.
Our in-house certification—Summit Certified Life Coach (SCLC)—will be awarded to all who successfully complete the four required courses. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available to those who request them.
Hours can be applied toward a professional coach credential. Pinnacle is applying for all courses to be ICF Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) but all hours taken will qualify for the ICF Portfolio track for ACC certification. Courses will be conducted in compliance with the ICF Code of Ethics, the ICF Program Accreditation Code of Conduct, and the ICF Core Competencies. For more information about the International Coaching Federation and credentialing, go to this website.
Ircel Harrison is an ACC credentialed coach with the International Coaching Federation and a Certified Professional Life Coach with the Professional Christian Coaching Institute. He has over 1000 hours of experience coaching individuals and groups in a number of settings. He is Associate Supplemental Professor of Missional Theology for Central Seminary (Shawnee, KS) and has taught coaching classes there. He is certified to administer several assessments including the Peoplemap, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, the DiSC Personality Profile, the Innovator’s DNA Assessment, and the Social+Emotional Intelligence Profile.
He is co-author (with Mark Tidsworth) of Disciple Development Coaching©, author of The Coaching Leader: Coaching Groups and Teams, and a frequent contributor to Christian Coaching Magazine. He is an affiliate member of the institute of Coaching and a member of Christian Coaching Network International.
For additional information about the program, please contact Coaching Coordinator Ircel Harrison at [email protected] or 615-423-8223.
Beth Kennett is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) credentialed by the International Coach Federation (ICF) and is an ordained minister with standing in the United Church of Christ. Beth is the coordinator of coaching services at the Center for Congregational Health and has experience as pastor, educator, denomination staff, conflict management facilitator, and has worked in the areas of Faith and Vocation and leadership development training.
Beth holds a Master of Divinity degree, as well as Bachelor of Arts degrees in Music education and Flute Performance, with continuing education in a variety of topics including the Workplace Big 5 Personality Assessment, Advanced Coach Training, Conflict Management and Mediation, Intentional Interim Ministry, and Facilitating Difficult Conversations.
Outside of work Beth enjoys an array of activities from creatively playing with textiles to make new things by knitting and sewing, enjoying playing music with friends, and engaging in training and competing in track and field events in the Senior Games.