Tue20Feb2018Wed21Feb201810:00 amCamp Paron, Paron, Arkansas
Interim Ministry - 1
The time between permanent pastors is an important time for a faith community. Members often operate at maximum capacity as they make crucial decisions about the future direction of the congregation. Their experience is enhanced by engaging a leader specifically trained in the dynamics of transition.
This conference will prepare participants to:
- Develop a covenant with a congregation that clearly describes the responsibilities of the interim minister and the congregation.
- Enter a congregation in order to more quickly join with them in ministry.
- Study the health of a congregation and determine where they might need assistance.
- Articulate the role of the interim pastor in planning for the congregation’s future, including appropriate contact with the Pastor Search/Call Committee.
- Prepare the congregation for the coming of a new minister.
- Exit a congregation in a way that models good closure for ministry and the opening of a new chapter in the faith community’s life.
Interim Ministry 1 is designed to meet the basic needs of traditional interim ministers. For those who want to apply for advanced training in intentional interim ministry (Interim Ministry 2), this introductory course qualifies as 17 of the 85 required hours.
The conference begins on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. and will end on Wednesday,February 21, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
This training event is sponsored by the Arkansas Baptist State Convention. However, non-ABSC pastors are welcome to participate. The total cost for ABSC pastors (and staff) is $255 (for single accommodations, meals, and breaks), or $215 (for commuters; meals and breaks included). The total cost for non-ABSC pastors is $700 (single) or $660 (commuter).
Please note: a quality learning experience is dependent upon a minimum number of active participants. The Center reserves the right to cancel any training event that does not reach a minimum of 10. Please take this into consideration when making travel arrangements.