Thu02May2019Sat18May20194:00 pmSt. John EUCC, 307 W. Clay St., Collinsville, IL 62234 USA (West Room)
Interim Ministry 2
Interim Ministry 2 consists of a five-day classroom experience, plus approximately six months of individual fieldwork, including monthly conference calls. This particular class will be offered in the following format:
- 3 days, May 2-4 (Pt 1)
- and 2 days, May 17-18 (Pt 2)
- the fieldwork conference calls will begin about 30 days after completion of Part 2, using Zoom Video Conferencing
Interim Ministry 2 allows participants to practice and hone newly acquired skills, and equips trained traditional interim ministers to lead a congregation through a systematic assessment of its pastoral needs and congregational goals by looking closely at five areas of a healthy congregation, referred to as Focus Points:
- Heritage: reviewing how the congregation has been shaped and formed
- Mission: defining and redefining sense of purpose and direction.
- Leadership: reviewing the congregation’s ways of organizing, and developing an effective clergy and lay leadership structure.
- Connections: discovering all the relationships and networks a faith community builds beyond itself.
- Future: synthesizing the interim work, activating and training the pastoral search/call committee, and coaching the committee (as requested) to accomplish its work.
Those who meet the course requirements receive a certificate of completion as an Intentional Interim Minister, issued by the Center for Congregational Health.
Instructors for the course:
- Rev. Dr. Marvin L. Morgan, Certified IIM and Church Consultant Faculty, CCH and also D. Min. Faculty, Interdenominational Theo. Cntr, ATL GA
- Rev. Dr. Les Robinson, CCH Faculty (retired), Associate D. Min. Faculty, ITC and Manager, Interim Ministry Resources and IIM Curriculum Editor
For additional information, and/or to register by phone, please contact:
- Rev. Dr. Marvin L. Morgan - Faculty - (404) 550-2842
- Rev. Dr. Heather Arcovitch - Course Coordinator - (203) 687-9172