Thu02May2019Sat18May20194:00 pmSt. John EUCC, 307 W. Clay St., Collinsville, IL 62234 USA (West Room)
Interim Ministry 2 consists of a five-day classroom experience, plus approximately six months of individual fieldwork, including monthly conference calls. This particular class will be offered in the following format:
- 3 days, May 2-4 (Pt 1)
- and 2 days, May 17-18 (Pt 2)
- the fieldwork conference calls will begin about 30 days after completion of Part 2, using Zoom Video Conferencing
Interim Ministry 2 allows participants to practice and hone newly acquired skills, and equips trained traditional interim ministers to lead a congregation through a systematic assessment of its pastoral needs and congregational goals by looking closely at five areas of a healthy congregation, referred to as Focus Points:
- Heritage: reviewing how the congregation has been shaped and formed
- Mission: defining and redefining sense of purpose and direction.
- Leadership: reviewing the congregation’s ways of organizing, and developing an effective clergy and lay leadership structure.
- Connections: discovering all the relationships and networks a faith community builds beyond itself.
- Future: synthesizing the interim work, activating and training the pastoral search/call committee, and coaching the committee (as requested) to accomplish its work.
Those who meet the course requirements receive a certificate of completion as an Intentional Interim Minister, issued by the Center for Congregational Health.
Instructors for the course:
- Rev. Dr. Marvin L. Morgan, Certified IIM and Church Consultant Faculty, CCH and also D. Min. Faculty, Interdenominational Theo. Cntr, ATL GA
- Rev. Dr. Les Robinson, CCH Faculty (retired), Associate D. Min. Faculty, ITC and Manager, Interim Ministry Resources and IIM Curriculum Editor
For additional information, and/or to register by phone, please contact:
- Rev. Dr. Marvin L. Morgan - Faculty - (404) 550-2842
- Rev. Dr. Heather Arcovitch - Course Coordinator - (203) 687-9172
Mon06May2019Fri10May20191:00 pmFamily Resource Center, Thomasville, NC
This 5-day course combines the Interim Ministry 1 (the work of the leader) and the Interim Ministry 2 (the work of the congregation) courses. It is designed for those individuals who have already discerned God’s call to interim ministry.
To enhance the learning experience, participants are required to complete six pre-work assignments. Class begins on Monday at 1:00 PM and ends at 4:00 PM on Friday. Fieldwork starts about 30 days after the last day of class and consists of five conference calls conducted in approximately 30-day intervals. Fieldwork expectations are explained in-depth during the training event. Note: Applicants who previously completed IM1, and who now wish to complete their training in order to be recognized as an Intentional Interim Minister, can join the on-going class at 8:30 AM on Wednesday and will finish at 4:00 PM on Friday.
Date: Monday, May 6 (beginning at 1:00 PM) - Friday, May 10 (ending at 4:00 PM)
Location: Family Resource Center, on the campus of the Baptist Children's Home, Thomasville, NC
Total Cost: $2,175 for on-site students (includes tuition, materials, single accommodations, meals/breaks); OR $1,945 for commuters (includes tuition, materials, meals/breaks)
Note: a quality learning experience is dependent upon a minimum number of active participants. The Center reserves the right to cancel any training event that does not reach a minimum of 10. Please take this into consideration when making travel arrangements.