You do not need to be reminded that serving as an Intentional Interim Minister is challenging – and can be very lonely! Most people have no real concept of what we do, and this includes other ministers in the areas we serve.
Interims have asked for a number of years if there is a way to connect with each other in a meaningful way, even when we are in many different locations. So, I am pleased to announce that the new benefit to AIIM members in Levels 2 and 3 that we implemented several months ago, Peer Learning Groups, was well-received – and that we are offering this opportunity again. During this time, participants will share their work, discuss what has worked (and not worked!) for them. But most importantly, you will connect with some other folks who understand and value your work. At the end of five months, participants can decide to end the group, continue their calls, or join another group.
The special cost for AIIM members is $25 per call. You will be asked to pay for the 5 months ($125) when you register. A few days in advance of each call, Robin Danner at the Center will send you a reminder with instructions for joining the call. As an added benefit, participants will earn one continuing education contact hour for each call (.1 CEU). This, of course, can be helpful to reach the CEU’s needed to maintain your level of membership.
The Peer Group facilitator will be Dr. Layne Smith. Layne is an experienced intentional interim minister, church consultant, and coach/mentor.
- Calls are scheduled for the second Thursday of each month at 10:00 AM (EST): January 11 – May 10, 2018.
- We will continue to meet via conference call that Layne will facilitate, with CCH providing the call instructions.
- The calls will last at least an hour, possibly 90 minutes (depending on the size of the group(s).
- There will be one call per month, for five months.
- The conversation each month will be centered on one of the focus points, beginning with "Heritage". There will be discussion re: how that focus point has been facilitated, the challenges that have been faced, and the successes that have been enjoyed.
If you are interested in registering, please let us know by contacting Robin at email@example.com,or 336-716-9722, by November 15. Payment can be made by check or by credit card. Upon receipt of payment, we will set up the groups and contact you with the details.
Thanks for the work you do in helping congregations become healthier communities of faith!
B. Leslie Robinson, Jr.
Manager of Interim Ministry Resources
Center for Congregational Health